Tim Wunder wrote:

> Previously, Douglas J. Hunley chose to write:
> > On Saturday 22 September 2001 02:14, Myles Green babbled:
> > > You're welcome. Oh, it wasn't real? I didn't try going beyond the index
> > > page. There are a few places where you can get dynamic redirecting to
> > > your machine if you don't have a permanent IP address...
> >
> > www.dyndns.org is what I use... a buddy uses www.dynip.org
>
> dynip.com, or .org?
> dynip.org requested a usercode/password for access.
>
> dyndns.org looked interesting, especially the free part, but it seems that
> I'd need to run a DNS server locally, or pay them to use theirs. I've got a
> domain name, but I haven't done anything with it yet. I'd like to,
> ultimately, have the domain point to my webserver. I also was looking at
<SNIP>

If you have your own domain name bought, I can pretty much guarantee
you'll find nobody willing to provide DNS services for free.  Usually,
I've seen places put up a "future page of XXXX".

As you can see in Doug's replies, he's using dyndns.org, for free. You
can have "wunder.homeip.net" for free, but if you want to use
"wunder.com" or whatever you've bought, there'll most surely be a yearly
fee...if that's what you looking for.
--
Linux SxS [http://hal.humberc.on.ca/~mrcn0031/sxs/]