Please note that the following is my opinion.
I've heard plenty of people complain about the loss of certain 'liberties and
freedoms' recently.  Whether this is concerning the tightened security at
airports, AOL and Earthlink cooperating with the federal investigation, or
other related matters.  Ladies and gentlemen, we are at war(whether you like
it or not).  The enemy still has troops at large on American soil.  Where
they could strike next is anybody's guess.  This war is like no other war
that Americans have ever fought.  We are used to wars being on other people's
soil and the loss of lives being from our military.  Americans have been
spoiled lately by the unprecedented liberties and freedoms that we have
enjoyed in recent years.  This will be a time for us as Americans to
sacrifice some of these freedoms and liberties in the name of security.
Freedom doesn't come without a price.  America is a unique country in that
these freedoms and liberties can and will be reinstated once the enemy is
defeated.  I took an oath to 'protect and defend the US' and served in the US
Air Force for four years.  I gave up some of my liberties and freedoms so
that my fellow Americans can enjoy being secure.  Once again, I'm called upon
as an American citizen to make some sacrifices to ensure the security of my
fellow Americans.  I'll gladly make these sacrifices to make sure that you
are secure in your work place, your home, on your streets, in your skies, and
in your favorite restaurant.  This will not be a permanant loss of freedoms
and liberties, but only until the enemy is defeated and we as American
citizens can feel secure once again.  The alternative is almost frightening.
I don't want America to become a battleground where the enemy can strike at
anytime, anywhere and without warning.  For the freedoms that we will enjoy
in the future, I'm willing to pay the price needed and make those sacrifices
now.

Jim

--

 12:42pm  up 20 days, 19:42,  2 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.13, 0.10