On Friday 21 September 2001 3:59 am, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
> I have installed an Agfa SnapScan 600 scanner via a Tecmar SCSI card.
> The scanner is hooked up correctly (termination is correct). The
> scanner shows up and, scanimage will list it when asked to list
> devices.
>
> However, when I try to scan, the scan bar (or whatever it is called) in
> the scanner will move some 20% of the way and then stop. In xscanimage,
> if I am doing a preview, I will see as much as the bar moved to. I can
> then scan no more nor start another scan.
>
> I have followed the steps in the SxS.
>
> The scanner is all that is connected to the SCSI card.
>
> I do not see any messages in the system log file.
>
> Aside from suggesting that the scanner is broken, any suggestions?

Sounds like it could be a SCSI problem...    do you find any msgs in
/vr/log/messages indicating any kind of I/O problem?

Here's something you can try to get it back online:

#!/bin/sh
echo "scsi add-single-device c 0 id 0" > /proc/scsi/scsi

where 'c' above should be replaced with the controller number (probably 0 in
your case)  and  the 'id' should be replaced with the id of the scanner on
that controller  (0-7)   So if your scanner is at ID  2  it would be:

echo "scsi add-single-device 0 0 2 0" > /proc/scsi/scsi

But having to use the above means there was most likely some type of error.