On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 08:12:29 -0400
Tom Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

| Chang wrote:
| [schnipp]
| > We really need some big linux shops that runs mission-critical apps.
| > Google.com is a good example, but it's not doing accounting kind of
| > stuffs which required extreme precision and reliability.
| [schnipp]
|
| IBM converted the whole Swedish, I beleive, or maybe it was Finland, but I
| think it's Sweden.  Anyway they converted their whole telecommunications
| system to run Linux. All aspects of it from top to bottom.  I'd say there
| are probably some mission-critical apps being run there.

Not Sweden. I don't think Finland. I do know that IBM made some major
sales in Denmark to Danish Televerket a couple of months back. There
was something in the Swedish papers about it. (Or was it Norway...)
IBM had a color pullout in the major Swedish papers about their
involvement with Linux and I believe it was mentioned there as well.