Anyone got any tips ons etting up mailman-2.0.6

I have the user mailman and the group mailman...

Question1?  Do I make suer mailman belong to group users? or group mailman?

Question2?  It says to create a directory $PREFIX for installation.. what is
this..?  Im a rpm-er more often then not so most of this tarball stuff still
gets me  8^)

Thanks in advance,

--
  Bill Day ( a.k.a. BadMan ) 188133 http://counter.li.org
  irc.openprojects.net     #linux-users ( Open 24/7 )