On Monday 19 November 2001 13:35, Douglas J Hunley enunciated:

> > I am getting disenchanted with suse, more and more, vmware cannot use
> > sound as dsp is busy, xine, mtv have no sound whilst vlc does have a very
> > muted sound on dvd and vcd playback.
>
> 'ere now mate. it's just different is all. the dsp issue is because of kde.
> it's artsd actually grabs (and blocks) /dev/dsp. then it multiplexes the
> device out to other apps. but they either need to be artsd aware, or they
> need to be called by an artsd-wrapper script. details are on the KDE list
> archives somewhere mate...

Ok so that means I can get them working, but it is nontheless diconcerting to
see what was something simple being stuffed up by non co-operation. Typical
with linux tho! I'll go look at kde.org....................

> ping me privately and I'll see what we can get working for you. SuSE is
> nice once you understand how they do things and make it over that initial
> curve. I'm here to help push you up that curve if you want

I have just got to like Suse a bit better now that all of a sudden I have my
TV card working. Unsure exactly what I fixed but!
I enabled pnp in bios and also unplugged the logitech usb web camera and
moved the card to another slot.

However I am still in need of that push, but warn you I am a bit overweight
and it might take a bit of effort. Thanks mate!

--
Keith Antoine aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161