On Tuesday 18 December 2001 07:17 pm,Net Llama wrote:
> --- Tim Wunder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>

> > As it stands now, rpm knows about his db install, and he's running
> > a newer version than he was when he started, and he's got a current
> > rpm version that'll read version 4 rpm's. Seems to me to be worth
> > the potentially more ciruitous route.
>
> It seems that *only* RPMs for rpm-3.0.6 (or higher) require db to be
> installed.  If he installed the tarball for rpm-3.0.6 he prolly
> wouldn't have had the problem.  THat was my point.

Funny you mentioned that.  I downloaded the source tarball from
rpm.org, expecting it to unpack nicely into a folder called "rpm" or
something.  Instead, it spread itself out over several directories and
never left me with a configure file, a read me or anything like the
standard bunch of compilation tools that one typically gets with
source. Took me a half hour to clean out the mess.  I can't imagine
what I did wrong but I didn't want to press that button twice.

--
Tony Alfrey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]