On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 05:05:21 +1130
Mike Andrew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Folks, I've just come back from the Netherlands and I think many of you
> would be interested in the following (mercifully brief) observations I
> made while there. Europeans on this list would correct me, but these are
> impressions from an outsider.
<major snippage>
> Average stocking on shelves was
> 3 x XP
> 5 x Suse
> 1 x Redhat
>
> It would be trite to say Windoze wasn't in the running. The massive
> games stockpile underpin it. But, the exposure to Linux was in your face
> and self evident.
=================
Verrry interesting, Mike.  Thanks for the observations.  I wonder what the
feed back from our European friends on the list will be like.   Do you
happen to know what is used in their schools (or gymnasiums).  I don't
mean universities, or IT schools, but their regular "high schools".  What
do their students get used to using?  One of te key to MS success in the
US is the near ubiquitous presence in the school systems [yes some schools
use Macs, but increasingly it seems many more are moving to M$.  I know;
I've been working in the public school system for 28 years.  Only the
really interested computer types can be pursuaded to try linux (I have a
few). Just my US$0.02,
Mike

--
"The great question... which I have not been able to answer... is, `What
does woman want?'"