Douglas J Hunley wrote:
% Tim Wunder babbled on about:
% > Is it anything like Checkinstall? I was reading a little about that today.
% > It's supposed to allow you to use rpm to keep track of things you install
% > via tarball. Anyone on list use it?
%
% I use checkinstall all the time! wouldn't admin a box without it.
% HOWEVER, make sure you edit it's checkinstallrc to NOT strip executables. it
% will mess up certain things otherwise..

It certainly ruins debugging, but a lot of corporate IT shops strip
executables as a matter of policy (such as making reverse engineering
more difficult).

Any clod can have the facts, but having an opinion is an art.
                -- Charles McCabe