I'm partial to nVidia. Their Linux device driver has worked nice in a
FireWire video system I put together. I would like to know if the newer
ATI cards that have firewire interfaces are fully supported on Linux.
I have seen some references to firewire support, but in other places
they say that the ATI cards use a firewire chip that is not supported.

I guess I will check the ATI FAQ. So, thank's for the pointer. I did not
check earlier because I expected what you expected.