On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 21:29:30 +1000
"Lavinius Romio Petru" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed into the bitstream:

> So far so good, but you can be using --sport too to only allow
> connections from priveleged ports, and I olso played with something like
> this
> /sbin/iptables -I INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --tcp-flags ACK ACK --dport 80 \

I'd drop the --tcp-flags ACK ACK

> -m string --string 'cmd.exe' -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset

Might be more fun to make the target -j MIRROR and send the request back
where it came from.

> and add it permanent for a few days as well as for root.exe, but it
> looks good so far!!!

I'll reserve judgement until I have time to go through it thoroughly (2003
perhaps?).

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                -- Nemesis Racing Team motto