On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 01:40:09PM -0500, Matthew Carpenter wrote:
>That's what I mean by "nasty"...  Retaliation (albeit mild).  That's the
>way to go IMHO.  Just haven't had the time to automate one.

One of our ISP customers was being mail bombed from an ISP, and when I
called their technical contact to have them disconnect the modem for that
customer he told me that he couldn't tell which modem corresponded to that
IP address (he was running NT of course :-).  My suggestion was to
disconnect modems until the attack stopped to which he replied, ``how will
I know when it's stopped''.  I told him he would know when the messages
stopped coming into his postmaster address as I pressed <ENTER> to active
the deliver script to forward that message to him... (the problem stopped
shortly after then when the NT system crashed).

Bill

``...I'm not one of those who think Bill Gates is the devil.  I simply
suspect that if Microsoft ever met up with the devil, it wouldn't need an
interpreter.'' -- Nick Petreley