Joel Hammer wrote:

> This must be the dumbest idea in a long time.
> This is like holding a builder liable because someone broke into his
> building by digging under the foundation or smashing a window.
> DUMB.

I think what is needed here is to prevent software companies from
including clause in their licensing that (to use the builder paradigm)
are analogous to:

"If the house you have purchased from us, falls down, even if it can be
proven so, we are not responsible for damage to goods contained in said
house.  Nor are we responsible to repair the house.

By inserting your key into the door and entering said house, you hereby
absolve us of further responsibility"

--
Linux SxS [http://sxs.webhop.net]