From: "Jerry McBride" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Recently, my father (who is an OS/2 die-hard) purchaced a SCSI CDRW
> > (Yamaha) which he could not get to work. After two weeks of trying, he
> > asked me to see if I could get it to work in my Linux box.
>
> Having moved from OS/2 to linux just a couple of years ago... I can echo
your experience.
> Working new hardware into linx is a dream when compared to other OS's.

You guys must have different expectations that some of us. To get hardware
to work in my Win boxes, I stick in the CD and hit 'Next' four times. Never
mind the Mac. (And yes I know it's because the hw vendors do Bill's work for
him and write all the drivers and install programs.)

I'm very impressed that Myles was able to do what he did and so quickly. I'm
not impressed that he *had* to.

Could his father have done that? Or any other user?

Michael