There are a couple of commercial packages that move stuff from 1 HD to
another:
http://www.v-com.com/product/dw_ind.html runs on Win but supports Ext2
filesystems and many others.

Other helpful links:

This company has an impeccable reputation for reliable products:

 http://www.powerquest.com/drivecopy/

Here's a description of how to do it without buying any utilities:

http://unibytecomputer.com/newsletters/bc3_harddrive.htm

And another one:

http://www.firmware.com/support/bios/w95xcopy.htm

Look at this one at the very bottom: