On 21 Jan 2002, at 20:10, [EMAIL PROTECTED] boldly uttered:

> Not with a thinkpad, but an old Chicony. I bought a 2.5->3.5 power
> adapter and used DriveCopy 3.0 in my desktops to copy drive to drive
> with winbloze 98se, suse 7.2, col 3.1beta, etc. Then simply plugged
> back in the new drive in the laptop and away I went still using the
> 18G that was copied/imaged from a 6.4 G. I dunno if this helps.

The only reason I'd be leery of such a technique would be various
idiosyncracies specific to the BIOS of the laptop in comparison to
the desktop, where it saw the drive slightly differently.

As I mentioned earlier, by far the most elegant method if your Tpad
supports it, is to get the "2nd HD adapter", and mount both HD's at
the same time on the laptop.  Very elegant solution.  I'm pretty sure
the Tpad 600's have that option, I don't know about the A20M.  The
A20M is more monolithic and less modular than the 600's, T20's, etc.

Phil

--
Philip J. Koenig                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New Millenium