On Wednesday 13 February 2002 06:49 am, Ian wrote:

> When passwords time out...you are/should be prompted to change them.
> They shouldn't just expire and lock users out.

I ran across this once while using COL 2.4. There is no warning that tells
you that the user passwords have expired. Since I'm always changing something
or upgrading some package, I use the root password a lot.  Once logged in as
root, I entered in the passwords for all the users and all was back to
normal. I then unchecked the box "expires in" and had no problems since. I
change user passwords on a regular basis, but when I decide and not when the
system decides its time to roll them.

--
Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C.