Followup to:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
By author:    "Carl W. Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
In newsgroup: linux.utf8

> But UTF-8 is not without its own problems.  Take Oracle for example.  They
> designed UTF-8 to encode UCS-2 not UTF-16.

Bull.  Oracle f*cked up, multiple times (including sorting UTF-16 in
UTF-16 binary order instead of Unicode order) and are trying to
justify it.  UTF-8, which was designed by X/Open, I believe, encodes
integers from 0 to 0x7FFFFFFF which happens to correspond with UCS-4.

This is yet another example on why UTF-16 is such an enormous
screwup...

        -hpa
--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> at work, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> in private!
http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>