On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 11:02:19PM -0500, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> I tend to prefer having features default to enabled if they're usable
> by fully compliant clients--those with broken clients (even if they're
> currently the majority) can disable it.

Why do you think clients that can't display these quotes are broken? By
the nature of the PC console, the Linux console (on the ix86, at least)
can only display 512 different characters, 256 if you want bold
characters. Conformant Unicode systems can support whatever set of
characters they want. Give me a list of characters (< 256) that
en_*.UTF-8 should support, and a consensus, then we can start
claiming they're broken and fixing them.

--
David Starner - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"I saw a daemon stare into my face, and an angel touch my breast; each