On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 09:29:50PM +0300, Vasilis Vasaitis wrote:
> On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 10:27:10PM +0900, Derek Martin wrote:
>
> ..[snip]..
>
> > in Gaim.  =8^)  Now if only Mutt will work properly with UTF-8...
>
>   Err... I'm reading these messages inside mutt, which in turn runs
> under a UTF-8 enabled xterm (uxterm), with the el_GR.UTF-8 locale. And
> let me tell you, it works great, and in fact it's been supporting
> UTF-8 for a long time now.

It seems to have problems with double-width asian characters.  It
works fine with European character sets...

>   Make sure that you have a fairly recent version of mutt, and that
> it's compiled against ncursesw, not plain ncurses or slang, and you
> should be set. The Debian unstable package is what I'm using, BTW.

Well, I'm running red hat 9, which AFAIK doesn't have ncursesw, and I
don't want to be bothered to be mucking with critical libraries from
source.  Not because I can't, but because I can't be bothered...

FWIW, Every other program I use with Korean works fine in xterm.  Only
Mutt blows up.  So I think it's a bug in Mutt anyway...  I'm only two
development releases behind IIRC, and I did download the source for
the latest a couple of weeks ago, but these days I'm too busy to be
upgrading half the libraries and all the software on my system just so
one trivial feature will work properly.  Mutt works fine with
ko_KR/EUC-KR, so I just use that.  I can probably wait until the next
time I need to upgrade my distribution to make the necessary changes.

Derek