On Thu, 2015-08-13 at 12:48 -0700, enh wrote:

> i think you misunderstand what AOSP is. this code is currently in
> AOSP master, and thus in internal master, and thus in a future
> release.

Great, but as I understand it, vendors are under no obligation to
actually ship that code on their devices.

If a vendor needs to have an iw that, for example, supports their own
vendor commands (which, as I understand from the wifihal etc., Google
is basically forcing vendors to have!), then the AOSP iw is useless and
an own version needs to be built.

johannes