On Thu, 2017-05-04 at 16:09 +0200, Ingo Flaschberger wrote:
> Am 04.05.2017 um 08:02 schrieb Patrick Ohly:
> > On Wed, 2017-05-03 at 22:48 +0200, Ingo Flaschberger wrote:
> >
> >> Deleting the directory and changing the version did not help:
> >> *) bitbake imagename did'nt run swupd update again (finishes without
> >> doing anything)
> > You also need to remove $TMPDIR (= tmp in Poky), then rebuild from
> > sstate.
>
> In tmpdir there is also the swupd directory (which is no good idea to
> delete):
>      tmp-glibc/deploy/swupd

The assumption is that the "deploy" directory gets copied out of
"tmp-glibc" into the permanent location where it gets published and
potentially backed up. This is not specific to swupd, but also the other
build artifacts (as far as I know).

> If I delete the tmpdir - next build will really take a lot of time -
> does a faster option exist?

Once you have the HTTP server for swupd set up with the initial OS
build, you can then point to it with SWUPD_VERSION_URL and
SWUPD_CONTENT_URL and a new build without tmp-glibc will pull whatever
is needed for the build from the server.

It doesn't even have to be HTTP - a file:// URL should also work.

It does not need to pull much (just the compressed manifest files), so
the build should be fairly fast and in particular, only create the
normal incremental delta against the previous published build.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.