Le dim, 24 oct 1999, Denis Arnaud a écrit :
bonjour arnaud

> Bonjour,
>
> je possede aussi un modem interne PCI (CyberBullet, a base de circuits
> RockWell), et l'on (K2C) m'a dit que je ne pouvais faire fonctionner les
> modems PCI avec Linux... Est-ce vrai?
> Si c'est faux, savez-vous ou trouver de la doc pour le configurer?
>
> Merci,

voila une  doc

http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~comech/tools/PCImodems.html

           ***INSTALLATION OF V90 PCI LUCENT VENUS BASED MODEM***
</a>

I. After physically installing the modem, log into your "Root" account.

II. To determine resource settings.

Type the following command: cat /proc/pci
An example of the outcome will look like this;

5.        Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0x00000000.

Bus 0, device 17, function 0:
    Communication controller: Unknown vendor Unknown device (rev 0).
        Vendor id=11c1.  Device id=480.
        Medium devsel.   Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 11.  Master Capable.
No bursts.
            Min Gnt=252.Max Lat=14
         Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe4000000.
         I/O at 0x6400.
         I/O at 0x6800.
         I/O at 0x6c00.

III. Take note of the IRQ, and FIRST I/O address, then type in this command;

     setserial /dev/modem uart 16550A port 0x6400 irq 11

NOTE: THE IRQ AND PORT MAY VARY, IT IS DEPENDANT UPON THE RESULTS FROM STEP II

IV. To set Linux to configure the modem upon boot-up.

    There are several options.  One method is going to the /etc/rc.d/
    directory, and using an editing program such as "jed" edit the
    rc.local file, and insert
    setserial /dev/modem uart 16550A port 0x6400 irq 11
    as the last line.

*TEST CONDITIONS:

OS: RedHat Linux 5.2 Boxed CD with Linux kernel 2.0.36
BIOS: AWARD
MOTHERBOARD: Shuttle Hot 557 w/i437 VX chipset and latest BIOS update.
CPU: Intel Pentium 166MMX cpu
MEMORY: 32 MB EDO RAM
VIDEO: PCI S3 Virge DX with 2mb memory
STORAGE: 820 Quantum EIDE Hard Drive, ATAPI CD-ROM, 3.5'' floppy
SOUND: Creative Labs Sound Blaster AWE 32 PNP

* As each user with Linux is more than likely to have a unique setup,
the details listed above should comply with other versions of Linux as
well, ie Slackware, Redhat, etc.  But are NOT 100% guaranteed to have
an identical setup method as far as exact commends, etc. are concerned.

Richard Nelson
Actiontec Electronics, INC

Répondre à