On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, ramesh bios wrote:

> Would I be able to test if Linux 2.6.10 is able to
> parse the normal BIOS' PIRQ table by booting linux
> with acpi=off?

no, the problem is that the BIOSes we have seen in some cases just assign
a bunch of IRQs, and ignore their own tables. Hence, the problem gets
harder.

> I'm still somewhat confused though. At the point that
> LB calls the kernel, shoudn't LB have used the IRQ
> table values to set the PCI config space registers to
> write IRQ values to the PCI config registers and such?

no, we have always let Linux do this because:
- for a given version of linux, you really don't know what tables it will
   use, so it makes no sense to do a lot of work and then have linux
   repeat it
- there are multiple options in some cases for which IRQ to use, and
  again, you want to let the OS figure that out

ron