On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 10:51:37AM -0700, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
> If you ask me, you have two possible problems.
> 1) LinuxBIOS isn't setting up the IDE controller properly so that
> your kernel can't find it

I agree.

> or
> 2) Something in the moving the kernel and initrd to the tftp
> server/system didn't work. As you are trying to ultimately boot
> directly from the local machine, I would use FILO. You may also
> want to post the kernel message on boot (all/most of them) so that
> developers here can see if there is something they recognize as
> being in error. I won't be able to help you unless it is obvious. I
> just find setting up a FILO boot to be easier then the network
> kind, which is likely because I understand it better, and have done
> it more.

This is probably the best plan for the long term, but since the
payload works so well (Etherboot loads, gets IP, gets ELF image, and
jumps to ELf image with kernel, which finds initrd) as it is I
wouldn't change that part of the system until the first problem was
solved.

I really like FILO too, it's a neat payload! :)

//Peter