On Apr 22, 2005, at 9:53 AM, Peter Stuge wrote:

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 09:23:40AM -0700, Nathanael Noblet wrote:
I would suggest skipping the netboot portion and use FILO. It will
load a kernel directly from the filesystem, if you are planning on
using that as that root system, no point in pulling your kernel
from the network, when it is already on the system.

Indeed, this is another option. But a new kernel is still neccessary
since the one in the ELF image (/boot/initrd-2.4.20-8smp.img) came
with neither ext3 nor IDE drivers.

Not so, according to his first email, the linux install (RH 9 I think) booted fine from the local system prior to LinuxBIOS installation. Obviously LinuxBIOS seems to be working, unless his problem is that the IDE controller is not detected or interrupts are off (not right). Thus the installed kernel should be able to boot again without modification using FILO.

--
Nathanael D. Noblet
Gnat Solutions

T 250.385.4613