On 01/04/06 11:33 +0530, Anurag wrote:
> Sometime on Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 01:53:14AM +0530, Dinesh Joshi said:
> > A VERY IMPORTANT POINT TO NOTE. Has PCQuest released the source code
> > for PCQLinux 2006? If not then they have violated the GNU GPL and I
> > think someone should take legal action against them. I am bugged by
> 
> They are actually voilating GPL. They are required to publish the
> sources of all the packages included on their distribution either on
> CDs or somewhere on the internet.
> 
They are required to provide source to anyone who has their binaries
upto a period of three years. Write to them asking for the source along
with proof of purchase. The GPL violation will occur IFF they don't
provide you with the source.

> I remember there was a poll on their forum asking wether PCQLinux
> should be based on Debian or Fedora. I'm just guessing Debian should
> have given them far lesser issues, as its a remastering friendly
> distribution.
> 
More people are familiar with the RH brand name and with RPM. Plus, a
better choice than Debian would have been Ubuntu, and frankly, Ubuntu in
its current state isn't suited to the Indian market.

Devdas Bhagat

-- 
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to