On Monday 08 December 2008 15:29, Surya Pratap wrote:

> > No amount of guns n gizmos, draconian laws and ban the google
> > will help the woefully corrupt cops. It starts with recruitment
> > and carries on from there. Helped along the way by not being paid
> > salaries for months, political interference, horrendous working
> > conditions etc etc.
> > For all the shouting from the rooftops about Paki support, the
> > Indian government has no evidence from this or any of the past
> > attacks that will withstand scrutiny in a court of law. If it
> > did, it could easily take it's case to the Hague and screw the
> > shit out of pakistan and it's chuppa rustom friend USA without
> > firing a bullet.
>
> The Issue goes a little further,

> Instead of working to build intelligence and rooting out the
> problem,our country seems to think
> that harassing our own people is the answer to an external danger

True. It's a wonder that the bent to breaking point populace does not
kick up a few thousands terrorists every year. 60 + years after
independence one has to just watch shivaji park on 6th Dec, to see
the unbelievably pathetic conditions of our rural citizens.

> this is a cause worth fighting for, freedom is a precious thing.

Indeed.  Lets make sure that the politicos and police dot pass laws
that take away our freedom in the name of fighting terrorism.

One often hears the need for a national ID. How exactly is this
solving anything? The "hightech" biometric passports introduced in
britian are easily spoofed. Besides it requires ALL states on earth
to implement and sync their systems to be able to identify probable
suspects. There are several dozen rogue states and several more which
are ungoverned. a breach  in any of these places is all it takes to
compromise the system. All that such id solutions will achieve is
making dissenters of the status quo easy targets of the state.

--
Rgds
JTD
  • Re: [... Kenneth Gonsalves
    • ... Saswata Banerjee
      • ... H . S . Rai
        • ... Saswata Banerjee
      • ... Rony Bill
      • ... Rony Bill
        • ... Dinesh Shah (દિન ેશ શાહ/द िनेश शाह)
      • ... jtd
        • ... Surya Pratap
          • ... jtd
            • ... Dinesh Shah (દિન ેશ શાહ/द िनेश शाह)
          • ... Saswata Banerjee
            • ... jtd
            • ... Surya Pratap
            • ... Rony
            • ... jtd
            • ... Rony
            • ... jtd
            • ... Rony
            • ... Dinesh Shah (દિન ેશ શાહ/द िनेश शाह)