On Tuesday 30 Dec 2008 7:20:44 pm Ravindra Jaju wrote:
> > The "other" licence (PUEL) is definetly not FOSS. It is a closed
> > personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license. Any use
> > beyond the provisions of personal use is prohibited and you may not
> > modify the product in any way.
>
> 1] The "other" license does not matter to "us"
> 2] The GPL'ed version is just that - FOSS
>
> Hence, there's no problem discussing the GPL'ed VirtualBox on the list
> here. The proprietary version has some additional tools which Sun wishes to
> sell for
> a fee. I don't see any reason to dismiss VirtualBox just for that reason!

proprietary is proprietary and foss is foss - and never shall the twain meet.
A product that claims to combine the two is the worst kind of hypocrisy and
does not deserve discussion on this list. The devil can quote scripture and
proprietary creeps can 'release' a subset of their offerings under GPL. But
neither can make it into the kingdom of heaven.

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves