On Tuesday 30 Dec 2008 8:28:03 pm Kartik Mistry wrote:
> >> Please don't spread FUD.
> >
> > proprietary == foss? in which language?
>
> Dual license is not problem at all. Thats why Virtualbox is available in
> Debian.

well, let us agree to disagree - my concept of FOSS differs from yours. I
believe that license is only one aspect of FOSS - a more important aspect is
the developmental model. If you take Mysql, any contributor to the code has
to assign copyright to Mysql. No doubt they pay for it, and pay well. But
that cuts down the number of contributors and the quality of contribution.
The result is a skewed development model. Although most FOSS projects have
just a handful of major contributors, It is the huge number of casual
contributors that really make a FOSS project good. I am not talking about the
idealogical aspect here - I am just talking about the fact that the FOSS
developmental model is the major factor in making FOSS code good and secure -
license is secondary.

> And for your info, Qt is also under dual license.

I know - which is why I am ambivalent about QT.

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves