GLUG Meeting on 8th 4pm at PUKAR, Near CST.
-------------------------------------
On Sunday 15 June 2003 11:45, Nagarjuna G. wrote:
> GLUG Meeting on 8th 4pm at PUKAR, Near CST.
> -------------------------------------
>
> Proposal:
>
> FSF India is already a registered not-for profit company.  A lawyer
> and a chartered accountant are already appointed to care of the
office

So FSF India it is. Forget about registering GLUG. Only one assurance
neede from FSF India - Money dispersed to donor lugs should be a
reasonable proportion of their donations. This will ensure that non
donor Lugs do not become a drain on others. I guess B'lore will be
ahead in donating.

> Actually money involvement is least for running GLUG: if CDs selling
> is left completely to the person who is burning, who sells and keeps
> the extra money with him/her, and now and then if s/he wishes
> contributes to FSF.

Distributing CD's is not a profitable business unless the charges are
about Rs.400-500 per cd at volumes  of  less than hundred a month.

> Having spent my time for a national body already in getting it
> registered, I am not in favor of getting into another.

Very true.

> Keep up the good work, money is never an issue.  What is the issue
is
> TIME.  Let each of us do a good auditing of how much time is spent
in
> promoting swatantra software.
>
> First think of donating TIME, and if you cant, then donate Money.
And
> ask money from those who agree to our ideals and cant donate time.

HINT taken ;-).