GLUG Meeting on 13th July, 4pm at KReSIT, IIT Campusm, Powai.
-------------------------------------
Just a clarification here, I don't have any papers with me and I don't
know anyone who can register it for 5K. I did check with a couple of
people but couldn't find the right person. What I offered at that time
was my Office address could be used if that was a problem.

We can start again, if someone's willing to take up charge.

Regards
Prakash

On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 17:59, J. T. D'souza wrote:

> Lot of back ground work was done by Punit, Parag Mehta, Prakash
> Advani, Nagarjuna, myself and others.
>

> I had volunteered two yrs ago.  The registration process costs btwn
> Rs.7k to 10k. Prakash Advani had a contact who said he would do it in
> Rs.5k. So Prakash took the papers (memorandum and articles of
> association, preliminary office bearers's names and addresses,
> location of the body etc.). Nothing happened. The (main) problem was
> money owed to LUG was never given to LUG. The money was generated by
> Dr. Nagarjuna, Philip Tellis and other LUG members conducting a
> GNU/Linux Seminar for TISL, and TISL donated Rs.30,000. The money was
> in the custody of Prakash Shetty, who AFAIK never handed over the
> money or any account of it's use. When the registration process was
> going on we had met at TIFR and I had specifically queried Prakash
> Shetty about the money. He told me that he would hand it over to
> Parag Mehta. I checked with Parag several times subsequently. The
> money never came.

NETCORE SOLUTIONS *** Ph: +91 22 5662 8000 Fax: +91 22 5662 8134

MailServ: Email, IM, Proxy, Firewall, Anti-Virus, LDAP
Fleximail: Mail Storage, Management and Relaying
http://netcore.co.in

Emergic Freedom: Linux-based Thin Client-Thick Server Computing
http://www.emergic.com

BlogStreet: Top Blogs, Neighborhoods, Search and Utilities
http://www.blogstreet.com

Rajesh Jain's Weblog on Technology: http://www.emergic.org