Personally, I'm not fond of this approach.  There is already some
traction to using the reg-shift property to specify spacing, and I
think it would be appropriate to also define a reg-offset property to
handle the +3 offset and then let the xilinx 16550 nodes use those.

Why do we need a reg-offset property when we can just add the offset
to the appropriate word(s) in the reg property?

Because if you do that, the "reg" property cannot describe the full
register block (it misses the first few bytes).  Not a huge problem
in practice, sure.

Segher