On Aug 11, 2009, at 10:25 PM, B.J. Buchalter wrote:

I don't know the model of the board off the top of my head.

I do know that it uses the Texas Instruments XIO2000A/XIO2200 PCI Express-to-PCI Bridge (rev 03), with the TSB82AA2 OHCI Link behind the bridge.

The same board definitely works as expected in a Mac Pro.

In doing some Google searches about this, I have seen the TI part listed in the PCI configuration of folks running linux (though probably on Intel) and apparently having no problems with the busses behind the bridge being enumerated.

I am guessing that the problem is related the the PCIe root complex on the 8377, but I am just guessing.

Is PCIe known to work on the MPC837x?

It is suppose to. I would recommend updating u-boot to something newer and see what you get on that side.

Also I'll try see if we have a PCIe board w/a p2p bridge on it. I'm guessing no one has tried PCIe on 83xx w/a p2p bridge on it.

- k