On Thu, 2009-11-26 at 16:28 +0100, Albert Herranz wrote:
> Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > On Sun, 2009-11-22 at 23:01 +0100, Albert Herranz wrote:
> >> Add support for using the USB Gecko adapter via the udbg facility on
> >> the Nintendo GameCube and Wii video game consoles.
> >> The USB Gecko is a 3rd party memory card interface adapter that provides
> >> a EXI (External Interface) to USB serial converter.
> >
> > The main issue here is that the gecko is supposed to be something you
> > can plug or unplug no ? Is it hotswap or only at boot ? In the later
> > case, maybe the node should be created by the boot wrapper when
> > detecting the presence of the device. If it's hotplug, then we need
> > something smarter...
> >

> The usbgecko is hotplugable and hotswappable.
> But as this is mostly a developer feature, not normaly used by end users,
> I think that we can just let it be as it is: autodetect it on boot (now
> probing
> for it instead of using information from the device tree).
> If you unplug it later it causes no errors, you just miss whatever data is
> sent to it.

Ack. We may still went ultimately to have some kind of nice hotplug
driver for that connector and we may even have a usbgecko driver for
that things "after boot" that creates areal tty etc... but for now, just
a hard probe will do just fine.

Of course a real OF implemention is welcome to create a device node for
it if it was indeed present at boot time.

Cheers,
Ben.