Ohh... excellent, that answers a question from my next message :-)

In fact I don't mind if I see the falling edges as well - only I
should detect them somehow, by timing calculation if there's no other
way, and ignore them in the servo policing loop.

As my application is tcpdump timestamping (rather than serving ptp),
I'd prefer to use UTC for the timestamps. Oh wait. I'll be
timestamping PTP traffic. So I'd better use TAI to have a common
timescale inside the packets captured and in the timestamps :-)
Allright, I'll probably just subtract a few seconds when setting the
PHC's.

Frank