On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 03:49:39PM +0100, Wolfgang Wallner wrote:
> This leads to another point that I have not figured out yet.
> If I would like to get notified in another program about PTP state changes,
> what is the preferred interface?

We use the management interface from 1588.  Remote programs can query
the status.  In addition, local programs can open a UNIX Domain Socket
to both query status and reconfigure the ptp4l program.

We have a utility program called pmc, and you can use that in your
control scripts.  If you need more direct control, then you can send
management pakets from your program directly.  The phc2sys is an
example of that method.

> Should we change the subject to something meaningful like "802.1AS
> discussion" now or would that cause trouble with the e.g. the thread view in
> mailing list archives?

Done!

Thanks,
Richard