On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 05:29:30PM +0100, Delio Brignoli wrote:

> Yes, but I stated as much in my previous message: the switch was not
> compliant. However, linuxptp isn’t compliant either on the RX side
> which is the reason for my patch.

The whole reason for the Path Trace is to avoid loops.  At face value,
this is not a bad idea.  But the exception means that really large
networks will not have the check.  Brilliant.  Just where the feature
make the most sense, they turn it off.

I am hoping that the next editions of 802.1AS and 1588 will remove
some of the brain farts and not add too many new ones.

One can always hope...

Thanks,
Richard