On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Remy Bosch <reb...@hccnet.nl> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I recently got this tabletPc. While I did managed to get the pen
> working, I can't use touch, eraser and the button on the pen. For some
> reason the wacdump program is useless.... The log says it all. I tried
> both with and without setting speed of the interface.
> Even hoped on some succes with minicom and setserial.... :-P
> Only managed to show that there is a reaction on touch and use of pencil.
> Is wacdump yet to be adapted for ISDV4?
>
> My system is an Ubuntu 9.10 with the linuxwacom package compiled from
> source (linuxwacom-0.8.5-10).
> Kernel: 2.6.31-20-generic
> I used the following guide:
> I used the " Favux_serial-tablet&tablet-pc_test2_10-wacom.fdi.txt
> <http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=140255&d=1261034609>".
> As the configuration looked OK, I saw no reason to change anything.
> Except for Pointing to WACf00c at the bit for touch instead of WACf008.
>
> I'd be happy to be a guinea-pig since most of this ISDV4 stuff seems to
> be new. That's why I posted here.
>
> I have some errors here to illustrate the efect:
> 21:10:10.463 ERROR: LOBIT FAIL
> 21:10:10.464 WARN: Bad high bit, discarding 2 bytes
> 21:10:10.981 ERROR: LOBIT FAIL
> 21:10:10.981 ERROR: LOBIT FAIL
> 21:10:10.981 WARN: Resetting tablet due to bit errors
> 21:10:10.754 ERROR: LOBIT FAIL
> 21:10:10.754 ERROR: LOBIT FAIL
> 21:10:10.774 WARN: Bad high bit, discarding 2 bytes
> 21:10:10.935 ERROR: LOBIT FAIL
> 21:10:10.935 WARN: Resetting tablet due to bit errors
> 21:10:10.695 ERROR: LOBIT FAIL
> 21:10:10.705 ERROR: LOBIT FAIL
> 21:10:10.725 ERROR: LOBIT FAIL
> 21:10:10.725 WARN: Bad high bit, discarding 2 bytes
> 21:10:10.735 ERROR: LOBIT FAIL
> 21:10:10.735 WARN: Resetting tablet due to bit errors
> 21:10:10.503 ERROR: LOBIT FAIL
> 21:10:10.504 WARN: Bad high bit, discarding 1 bytes
> 21:10:10.514 ERROR: LOBIT FAIL
> 21:10:10.514 WARN: Bad high bit, discarding 1 bytes
> 21:10:10.514 ERROR: LOBIT FAIL
> 21:10:10.514 WARN: Resetting tablet due to bit errors
> 21:10:10.284 ERROR: LOBIT FAIL
>
> Greetings,
>
> Remy

Remy,

I have tried the same (0.8.4-x and 0.8.5-x) on both ubuntu and debian
in the past.

My laptop is the Lenovo Thinkpad X61 Tablet (also WACf008 with
multi-touch screen).

wacdump was also useless for me. Outputting weird bit errors and such.

I moved to using ubuntu lucid 10.04, and using xf86-input-wacom git
repository on sourceforge.
Touch works, but without the calibration tools, it is useless.
The stylus is currently having problems. The cursor bounces around,
but when I hover over the screen, the cursor seems to be calibrated.

See:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Wacom_Serial_Tablet_PC_Stylus
for more info on getting touch in your xorg.conf.

With that note, I would like to offer any help I can provide with
figuring out my stylus issue with current git, getting touch
calibrated, and possibly getting the multi-touch stuff working.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan