On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Chris Bagwell <ch...@cnpbagwell.com> wrote:
> I was curious how wacom handled calibration so I googled it.  And as I
> should have guessed, Favux has a great article on configuring
> touchscreens on Ubuntu. :-)

> So for calibration, it looks like you'll need to specify TopX, TopY,
> BottomX, and BottomY (note to myself for future, we should add a
> "Calibration" alias to align with xf86-input-evdev terms).  This can
> be set with a custom HAL fdi and x11_options trick if you want to
> avoid xorg.conf files and .xinitrc magic to run xsetwacom that
> wacomcpl does.
>
> I'm not sure if anyone suggested how to compute values manually in
> that Ubuntu thread but this is how I do it for xf86-input-evdev.  Use
> your preferred program to dump values coming from /dev/ttyS0; such as
> "xinput test", "evtest", or "xidump".  Now trace around all edges of
> screen.  This will print out X/Y values as you do it.  Use the
> smallest values printed for your TopX/TopY values and largest values
> for BottomX/BottomY.
>
> Chris
>
> p.s. your Xorg.log showed touch device but your saying xsetwacom isn't
> showing it.  Can you email output of "xinput list" and "xsetwacom -v
> --list"?
>
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Remy Bosch <reb...@hccnet.nl> wrote:
>> Ok, re-installed Ubuntu Karmic amd64 (due to unrelated problem).
>> I re-installed the newest drivers (linuxwacom-0.8.5-10) according to the
>> guide I mentioned previously.
>> Seems like I forgot that the last time ;-)
>> Now I have touch.
>> Points on a row:
>> - No calibration for touch
>> - No listing in xsetwacom for touch
>> - wacdump still useless for the tablet in general
>>
>> One Big Plus:
>> No Hal needed ;-)

Chris,

Thanks for the link and suggestion with TopX/Y and BottomX/Y.
I was able to use evtest to get the right values (0 being x, and 1
being y). Touch is now calibrated for me.

Attached is my xorg.conf, which may help Remy with Touch (and an
example of my calibration).

I am still seeing an issue with bug 2952501 (on sf tracker) where the
cursor jumps. As I noted in the bug, I also see touch cursor jump
towards 0X/0Y (in gnome, clicking the applications menu).
I still haven't tried Chris Burkhardt, maybe I will try this tonight.

Also, will we see wacomcpl or a replacement utility ported to 0.10.x?

--
Bryan Hundven
bryanhund...@gmail.com