Hello Peter,

could you tell us how in particular udev can set Properties? I've been
very concerned with this topic for quite a while and in the end I had to
conclude that it's *not* possible to use udev in the same manner as hal
used to work.
I did *not* find any way to communicate settings to xorg apart from
manually xauthing and using xset/xinput to do that.

If you know how udev (possibly to custom attributes) can configure xorg
please explain it!