On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 09:23:47AM -0000, Przemo Firszt wrote:
> Dnia 15 Lutego 2012, 12:06 am, Śr, Peter Hutterer napisał(a):
> >> "Wacom
> >>
> >> Here is what I thinking.  You current code is geared that it can
> >> easily be reused for new versions of HW as long as the continue to use
> >> the Intous4 packet format.
> >>
> >> The phrase "Wacom PKT-540WL" will only be valid value for a single HW
> >> Product ID.  The phrase "Wacom Intuos4 WL" will be valid for multiple
> >> HW Product ID's.
> >
> > tbh, I'd prefer a more detailed over a more generic name. filtering in
> > userspace is easy, adding information is hard.
>
> Ok, what about "Wacom Intuos4 WL PTK-540WL"?
> Existing .conf file catches it, we have info about "market" name [Intuos4
> WL] and about proper model name [PTK-540WL]
> Only downside is that it's a bit long, but I cant see that as a major
> problem.

Heh, tricky. The current model name for the I4 is "Wacom Intuos4 6x9", so to
be more in line with that naming you'd have to add the size to the WL
version as well, in case newer versions come along later. At which point
we're then inconsistent again since the I4's don't use the model number in
the name.

I think having Wacom (for easier matching) and the actual model name is
enough. real clients (e.g. those using libwacom) should get the class name
from the model number anyway and display that to the user.

then again, I don't really have a strong enough opinion, so whatever floats
your boat :)

Cheers,
  Peter