Hi Alvaro

Thank you for your review and comments.

See PPE below for my responses

On Tue, Oct 3, 2023 at 5:14 PM Alvaro Retana <aretana.i...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> In general, I like the charter.  However, I have some questions/comments:
>
> (1) What’s the difference between the work items in “Part 1” and the ones
> in “Part 2”?

PPE - originally we had in part 1 work that were promised and part 2
grouping work in progress. Will fix the document and remove the "part" for
clarity.

> (2) Related.  I’m assuming that the headers “Proposed Charter…” will be
> deleted.

PPE - Yes. It was left as "Proposed" in this version so it is clear it is
still under review.

> (3) Multicast support. It’s not clear from the description if the work is
> just to merge the experimental RFCs or if there’s something else. ?

PPE: It was proposed to merge the experimental RFCs RFC6831 & RFC8378.
However, how they are used in Replication List entries is in
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vda-lisp-underlay-multicast-trees/.  It
is still open if all three docs should be merged in a big document or
preferable to have several docs. It would be great to hear feedback from
the WG.

(4) LISP Applicability.  How will "the most recent and relevant use-cases”
> be determined?  I don’t think we need to answer, but the question may come
> up later in the process.

PPE- The spirit of this statement is to document only novel use cases that
are significantly different from the original LISP use case and avoid a
multitude of small incremental use cases.  "Novel" may also be vague, open
to suggestions.

(5) Maybe reorder the work items to coincide with the order of the
> milestones.

PPE - Good catch, will do.

> (6) "LISP geo-coordinates” doesn’t map to a work item.

PPE -  We were planning to have this under the mobility umbrella. We can
add some text to make it more explicit.

I don’t have write access to the repo, so I’m attaching diffs with some
> editorial points.

PPE   - ok will go over them and merge.

Thanks
Padma