Hi Dino,

Thanks for the update.
My comments inline.

> On 6 May 2024, at 19:54, Dino Farinacci <farina...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Copying the WG. I have submitted -16 to make things more clear to reflect
> your comments. Here is the diff.
>
> Dino
>> On May 6, 2024, at 5:26 AM, Luigi Iannone <g...@gigix.net> wrote:
>>
>> Dino,
>>
>> The document is WG document and the WG has a say.
>> Please post your reply to the mailing list. I will reply there.
>>
>> At least we make the WG aware of how we work to move the document forward.
>> ;-)
>>
>> Ciao
>>
>> L.
>>
>>> On 4 May 2024, at 01:32, Dino Farinacci <farina...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Going private.

>>> Good.

>>> I am presenting the material as I see fit to make it understandable.

Let’s deal with this later.

>>> I will fix this to be more clear.

The text still assumes that an ELP must be returned.

Just replace the words:

        “which returns a ELP-based locator record for a path to RTR 'y', and
encapsulates packets…"

With

        “assuming it returns an ELP-based locator record for a path to RTR 'y',
it encapsulates packets…"

>>> Because the recursion can be done with a private database. Its a useful
>>> feature.

The new text clarifies the use case. Thanks.

>>> Luigi, the terms are used in self contained sections. They are fine. S-EID
>>> is ONLY used in the multicast section because the is the convention we use
>>> to look up a multicast mapping (S-EID, G-EID).

I think a unique term makes more sense, but this is not a blocking point.

>>> No it clarifies that the B—->C link could be down or congested and the only
>>> underlay path in the diagram is what you see.

This is exactly the point. I do not see an alternate path. I see only an
alternate tunnel.
The current text is still confusing. You want "to route around the path from B
to C” and to do it you route "through link B—>C”. This looks like a
contradiction to me.

>>> That is intended. If you don't use B and C, you can't get encap'ed packes
>>> from ITR to X.

>>> I am not removing it. So tell me what you want to write. OpenDaylight has a
>>> provisioning system and it was used to program the mapping system with ELPs.

The sentence remains superfluous. Of course you can do it with ODL, but this is
out of the scope of the IETF and I do not see why it should be there.
The other LISP documents never mention a provision system, so why this one has
to mention it? Is there a compelling reason?

Ciao

L.