From: Michael Sondow [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 01, 1999 6:57 PM
To: IFWP Discussion List
Cc: Chuck Gomes
Subject: Re: [ifwp] NSI Domain Name Dispute Stats

[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit:

> Per the request of Michael Sondow, the following data is
> provided in response to the question "how many times did
NSI
> invoke its Domain Name Dispute Policy?"
>
> During the slightly more than 5 months between the end of
> July 1995 and the end of the year, we invoked the Policy
166
> times.
> During 1996 we invoked the Policy 745 times.
> During 1997 we invoked the Policy 905 times
> During 1998 we invoked the Policy 838 times.

Thanks for the info, Chuck. Very interesting, really.
Considering the large
increase over time in registrations, it's surprising that
the policy hasn't
been invoked ever more frequently as well. Any explanation
for this? Two
that could be suggested are: 1) The policy has tended to
discourage people;
2) The number of free domains of any value to resellers has
diminished.
Somehow, I don't think either of these is the answer. Any
ideas?