At 09:32 PM 2/4/99 +0800, Dave Crocker wrote:
>At 07:15 AM 2/4/99 -0600, Eric Weisberg wrote:
>>We have already reached consensus on the need for "open and
>>transparent" processes (we were UNANIMOUS on this at Reston), and
>
>Eric, those terms are both important and imprecise.
>
>The IETF has, perhaps, the most successful and widely accepted large-scale
>decision mechanism extant and it is considered to be open and transparent.

Dave, there is a huge authority difference between ICANN and IETF. Also,
the IETF has internal mechanisms for self-regulation. The ICANN does not.
The two organizations can not be compared.

Roeland M.J. Meyer -
e-mail:                                      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet phone:                                hawk.lvrmr.mhsc.com
Personal web pages:             http://staff.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site:                           http://www.mhsc.com
                       KISS ... gotta love it!