Esther Dyson a écrit:

> Jim, any comments on http://www.wired.com/news/news/politics/story/17678.htm

Here's a passage from the news item:

"Free speech organizations say that the report
 points to a lack of accountability in the
 self-regulatory industry. Organizations such as
 the ISPA are accountable only to their
 members, work to their own guidelines and
 policies, and have resisted calls for increased
 public accountability."

Sounds about right. This is why people and groups from the public sector
receive nothing but prejudice and slander on this and other lists, and why
the leaders of ISP associations try to co-opt the voice of the public by
pretending to represent the end-users.

It's obvious that ISPs DO NOT represent the best interests of the end-users,
and that we need our own organizations, our own constituency in the DNSO,
and our own place in ICANN.

  "The course of the past has impressed us with the firm
  conviction that no good ever comes of falsehood, and we
  feel warranted in refusing even to experiment in that
  direction."
                       -- Thomas Henry Huxley
International Congress of Independent Internet Users (ICIIU)
        http://www.iciiu.org       [EMAIL PROTECTED]