On 08-Feb-99 John B. Reynolds wrote:
> > What would you suggest?  I'd like to hear it, and perhaps the
> > participants here
> > can contribute and we can come up with something that is workable.
> >

>  AIP and NSI came pretty close two days ago:
>
>  * It is proposed that Section 5.9 be amended to read:
>
>  In addition to filing a Fair Hearing Petition, any member of the
>  Registry, Registrar or ISP constituency which may be required to
>  implement a proposed policy pursuant to a contract with ICANN may ask,
>  after the First Request for Comments is issued, that such proposed policy
>  recommendation undergo an implementation preview from the registries. The
>  Names Council shall establish an implementation preview process that will
>  determine whether a substantial plurality of those registries which vote
>  to support such implementation or are or will be contractually committed
>  or able to do so. Policies that do not meet this criteria may be
>  forwarded to ICANN by the DNSO, but only if the Names Council
>  specifically informs the ICANN Board that the policy has not passed the
>  implementation preview, along with the details of the results. Those
>  participating in the implementation preview shall collaborate to submit a
>  timely report on their actions and views, including a record of the vote
>  of each member of the constituency, to the Names Council, and if
>  necessary, this Report will be forwarded to the ICANN Board with any
>  proposal which has not passed the implementation preview.

OK, I like this also, can we hear from anyone as to any problems with this
language, and/or where this language conflicts with the current draft?

E-Mail: William X. Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 07-Feb-99
Time: 16:53:39
"We may well be on our way to a society overrun by hordes
of lawyers, hungry as locusts."
- Chief Justice Warren Burger, US Supreme Court, 1977