Martin Schwimmer writes:
+ In other words, if you added .inc, .ltd., .firm, .shop and .store
+ tomorrow, then anonymous folks could tomorrow register ebay.inc,
+ ebay.ltd, ebay.firm, ebay.shop and ebay.store, all of which, in my
+ humble but professional opinion, are likely to create confusion with
+ our friends over at ebay.com.

 Too bad. Multiplicity is the nature of life. And
 you forgot to include ebay.web, ebay.arts, ebay.fcn,
 ebay.zoo, ebay.xxx and whatever other combination
 will inevitably occur. All these damned Trademark
 arguments are dishonest, seek to monopolize what
 is a universal and free set of charachters and
 are attemlting, unsucessfully I may add, to some-
 how control how we speak and, thereby think.

 TM arguments are incorrect and these so-called
 professional opinions are founded on clear and
 apparent and permanent conflicts of interest.
 These guys are being paid to protect Trademarks
 and that's exactly what they're doing. Duh, no
 wonder they say the stupid things they do. It's
 their job. Another example of the corruptions
 that abound in these Wars of Internet Governance.

 Bob Allisat

 Free Community Network _ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 http://fcn.net _ http://fcn.net/allisat
 http://robin.fcn.net