Greg,
>  I suggested that Kerry Miller contact
> members of the ISOC who have expressed similar interests in providing
> Internet education.  I suggested KM join ISOC, if it seemed like a
> reasonable thing to do.
>
> I think people who care about Internet education should read the list
> and judge for themselves if this is something they wish to participate
> in.

   Thank you for the suggestion that I pay to become a member of
a group which has 'interests in providing Internet education.'  Am I
to take it that Internet education is not something that can be
addressed in open fora, but must come to the masses from on
high?  That IFWP, for example, does not have such an interest?

(By the way, what *is the reason for this group?)

 Is it so odd to suggest that education in the very broadest sense
is --  in the absence of any other objective -- not a bad interest for a
group to have? What Every User Should Know... hey, even some
few Board members might learn a thing or two.

=========
You also wrote,

> I don't believe that I have said that nothing can be done.  For
> example:
>
> * I invited you to post your thoughts here (which you have) in order
>   that they might get wider distribution.
>
> * I suggested that you contact members of the ISOC to discuss any
>   mutual goals you might have in educating Internet users on domain
>   names.
>
> * I told you that you should contact people in the Internet technical
>   community

Now I understand! Something can always be done: go somewhere
else. (There are, of course, no technical people here!)

=========
Later, you wrote,

> Kerry, I give up.  You have made your points, and I have made mine. I
> have no further comments.  Good luck.

  What did you give up? What were you hoping to accomplish?

kerry